Subject: Re: Lightwave for Windows
From: [email-masked] (Taka Torimoto)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 94 16:42:40 EDT

> > Hmmm.   Also, since I already have a PPC, whatare my options?  Do I 
> > *have* to buy a damn PC just to run this one program?!
> 
> 	Buy an Amiga.. Now there's a thought.

I was one of the first people in the world to own a PowerMac.  They showed
it at our computer store on campus a couple of hours before it was unveiled
in NY, and they were giving one away... I went there, cause I wanted to see
these PowerPC machines...
  I ended up winning one... the 6100.  And I was probably the first person
in the world to resell/trade a 6100... an unopened/unused one too... :)

I remember all my friends (in the crowd of 200 or so) at the unveiling of
the PowerMacs asking me "so are you going to sell your Amiga?" and I said 
"no way."

I traded it with a bunch of Amiga peripherals (A1200, monitor, Bernoulli, cash,
etc).

I'm glad I got rid of it... I've already used two PM 6100's on campus that has
so many... I mean, incredible numbers of hardware problems... the one
that I use at work, a 6100av, crashes every 30 seconds, no exaggerations.
It's very random... I close an application, I write to a disk, I 
insert a disk, I run an application, I press a key... I turn on the
computer... it crashes (or "bombs")!!!  ... The Helpdesk hardware
people can't even figure it out!! (They replaced the motherboard and it's
still the same thing!!)  ..and I've heard
from others too... even one of my workmates (a girl who is the "Mac expert")
told me that it was a good thing I got rid of it... because it has a slower
bus (Apple sorta "rushed it out") than the Quadras... oh,... even the one
that I won (yes, the one that was unopened) had problems.. the hard drive
was corrupt, then after a couple of hours of use, the display went out...
that's what the guy told me.
  So, I've heard a lot of bad things about the PowerMacs... at least the 6100.
Softwindows only uses 286 code too... at a slow 486 speed... 

-Taka

-- 
Takahito "Dr.Love" Torimoto              Amiga 4000/Warp40 + Amiga 3000/25
Georgia Tech Electrical Engineer 1996    Quadra 950+ emulation by Emplant
E-mail: [email-masked]          Opalvision, Video Toaster 4000
Sound Illusions Inc: Video, Computer Graphics, and Music Composing Freelancers